The Graduate Certificate in LGBT Health Policy and Practice complements a variety of professional and educational goals. Our alumni have gone on to win awards for their contributions to the LGBT community, and they enhance their workplaces and communities as executives, organizers, health care workers and much more.
Select Notable Alumni
- Dr. Ntlotleng Mabena, ’18, visionary women’s health and rights activist and medical doctor from South Africa.
- Adrian Shanker, ’17, founder and executive director, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center, and award-winning activist and organizer.
- Kelli Selwyn, ’17, recipient of the Early Career Award from the American Public Health Association
- Chris Obermeyer, ’15, HIV biomedical prevention advisor, USAID
- Nicholas Grant, ’14, president-elect, GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBTQ Equality, and clinical psychologist, U.S. Navy
Certificate '17; Founder, Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
"I developed unique expertise, built relationships with colleagues and found opportunities to test new projects before implementing them in my organization. This program was immensely helpful."
Recent Alumni Employers
- Alliance for Public Health
- Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center
- Center for LGBT Evidence-Based Applied Research
- Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery, Boston Medical Center
- Colorado State University
- Eris Enterprise Consulting
- Garnering Change Psychotherapy
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- National Minority AIDS Council
- Peace Corps
- Susan B. Anthony Center, University of Rochester
- Therapy Group of DC
- University of Florida Student Health Care Center
- University of Pennsylvania Health System
- University of the Philippines
- Whitman-Walker Health
Resources for Alumni
"The LGBT Program has given me the health background and expertise necessary to examine and revise health curricula and standards to ensure they are relevant and taught appropriately to reduce the health disparities LGBTQ youth experience. ... This is a tangible success as I fight to ensure LGBTQ youth receive the health education they so desperately need and deserve!"